The City of Danbury receives its Motor Vehicle Listing directly from the Department of Motor Vehicles.
There could be two reasons why you did not receive a bill:
- Your vehicle was not registered on October 1st. If your vehicle was re-registered late, or the registration has expired, you would not appear on our October 1st Grand List.
- If you have a new vehicle that was registered between October 2nd and July 31st you would show up on our Supplemental Grand List. You will receive a bill in January on your new vehicle.
PRIOR to calling the office, please check your registration to make sure:
- Your registration is active
- Your current tax town is 034; if it is not, your vehicle is registered in another municipality
- Your registration has your current mailing address
Please note that the Assessor's Office cannot update your address or tax town code. This must be done with DMV directly.