State Elderly and Disabled Homeowners Program
The Filing Period for this Program is February 1st - May 12th
Applicants may be eligible for this program if they meet the following requirements:
- Applicant(s) must own the property for which tax relief is sought and must reside at this property as their primary residence.
- Applicant must be over the age of 65 years old by the end of the calendar year preceding the filing period OR applicant must be totally disabled (regardless of age). *Current proof of disability will be required at the time of application.
- Must be owner by October 1st. If purchased after the October 1st assessment date, he/she is NOT entitled to benefits until the next Grand List year.
In order to apply, applicants must provide the following documentation:
- ENTIRE Federal Income Tax Return.
- If you are not required to file a tax return, you will need to provide documentation of all income.
- Social Security 1099 form
Eligible applicants who file between February 1st and May 15th will receive the tax credit on their real estate tax bill in July.
Applicant(s) must meet the income requirements for the year in which they are filing. GROSS income is used in determining eligibility for this program.
State Elderly & Disabled Homeowners Program Income Limits for the 2020 Grand List
Marital Status Maximum Limit
Applications will be taken by APPOINTMENT ONLY . Please call the office to schedule an appointment. NO WALK IN APPLICATIONS WILL BE TAKEN.
If you are having difficulty coming to the office please contact Marie Kenney at 203-797-4556.